Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Some words about Life and Mistakes

I don't think that anyone will really care about what I have to write today, but it will make me feel better to write it all down, so here I go. Lately, life has been confusing/exciting/scary/unpredictable/sad and crazy! And although things have been improving day by day (Christian getting a job and our family growing closer), some things are still tough. I have been thinking a lot about the word "regret" lately. I think as human beings, it is easy to make a mistake and then say "I regret ever doing that". At least I think that sometimes. But, I am realizing as of late that I don't really regret anything because without all of my mistakes and life experiences, I would not learn from them and be the person that I am today. I know who I am and what I am capable of. I know that I am a daughter of God and that he loves me no matter what I do, just like I will love my daughter no matter what she does. Actions/mistakes do not define me. I was reading a book this morning called "Greater Things" by Jeffery R. Holland and I read this "God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as he does about where you are, and, with his help, where you are WILLING to go." That really touched me because he is saying that no matter what you have done in the past, you can fix it and continue down the right path.

I am not even going to apologize if I have been boring for anyone else, because I am writing this mostly for me. But, if I happen to help anyone else that happens to be reading this, that would be great as well. One more quote from this amazing book and then I will be done.

"In seeking true peace we need to improve what has to be improved, confess what needs to be confessed, forgive what needs to be forgiven, and forget what should be forgotten in order that serenity can come to us."

I believe that to be true.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Love this....
... spoken to me this morning
thanks for sharing
~ D

lizdye said...

love it