Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back From Cali

Kennedy and I had such a fun trip to California! It was nice that my brother was able to come with us because it would have been really hard for me to travel alone with a toddler and all of our belongings. We went to Cali for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! They bought Kennedy a beautiful dress to wear for the occasion and that is the one day that I happened to forget my camera! Luckily my brother, Austin, took a lot of pictures and I will post them when they are sent to me. Kennedy loved seeing all of her grandparents and her uncles and had a blast playing with them everyday!
On Sunday, I had a small baby shower and got some clothes and pajamas for Liam. That was really nice. I even got the money to buy my double stroller which I got today! Here is the one that I bought and I am already IN LOVE with it! All I need now is some boy bedding and I think I will be set. Target, here I come!

On Monday, we went to the beach. I was not sure how Kennedy would like it because last year, the waves scared her. This year, she loved it! She ran right in and we had to grab her to keep her from being knocked over by waves. She wanted to swim way out where her uncles were...but the waves were way to big so she stayed right on the shore and played. All she keeps talking about now is "The beach, the beach!" To bad we don't live closer. She is such a water baby.

On Tuesday, we went to Legoland. We went when it opened and she got to ride every ride that she was big enough for by 1:00. By then, we were all hot, tired and ready to go. We had to battle a tantrum on the way out, but as soon as her head hit the car seat, she was out cold! She had a really great time riding the rides and playing in the water section.
Grandpa let her steer the boat...
...And that is how we crashed!





We had to come home last night, sadly. I was really worried about how Kennedy would do on a 3 hour and 10 minute flight (because we had to stop in phoenix) so I tried to give her some Dramamine. BAD IDEA!!! She threw it up all over the floor and all over herself. She just kept throwing up until everything was out of her tummy. She cried and then would not eat or drink anything else. I felt so bad that I tried to drug my child and it backfired on me. Needless to say, we all smelled like throw up the rest of the way home. Lucky for me, she fell asleep in Phoenix and did not wake up until we reached Salt Lake. I did not even need to drug her. AH!

It is nice to be home and back into the swing of things again. Tomorrow night is Kennedy's birthday party so I have been busy getting ready for that. If you live close by and want to come, call me and I will let you know the info! Sorry for the long post and goodnight!

No comments: