Friday, January 22, 2010

Craft idea # 3- Satin flowers

I LOVE these flowers! They are so versatile in that they can be made into jewelry, headbands, hair clips and clothing accessories! I decided to put clips on mine so that I could use them as hair/hat clips. The cool thing is that they are fun and easy to make and an be sewn or glued to anything! I have even seen them sewn onto pillows! Here is how I made mine. First, I cut out 3 circles in different sizes. You can make as many layers as you would like, but I like the look of 3.

Next, you slightly burn the edges around all of the circles. This makes them curl and look more like petals.
Finally, you hand sew the layers together and you can embellish how ever you would like! I added a pretty pearled bead.
Now, choose something to put them on to. I hot glued mine on ribbon covered hair clips. Pretty hu? I put a couple of them up for sale on my ETSY page if you decide not to make them yourself. :)

No comments: